This year Bord Bia’s Bloom Garden Show celebrates its 11th year. It will be held once again in the Phoenix Park over the June Bank Holiday weekend. While Bloom features show gardens from Ireland’s top horticultural talent, the event has developed into much more than a just a garden show and it will include a range of features and activities which will entertain all ages. Bloom attracted some 115,000 visitors in 2016 and is now established as one of the high profile national consumer events in Ireland’s annual calendar.
Origin Green is once again the theme for Bloom 2017. Companies partaking in Bloom 2017 are required to complete the following:
- Participating companies with a turnover of greater than €100,000 must have registered their interest in becoming a member of Bord Bia’s Sustainability Development Programme – Origin Green. If you are yet to register, you can do so now by clicking here.
- Applicants, who have been registered for more than 12 months, must have submitted a draft sustainability plan by the 5th of May 2017.
- Draft sustainability plans must be less than 12 months. For those falling outside of this range, you must be a fully verified member of Origin Green by the 5th May, 2017.
- Verified members must have submitted their Origin Green annual review and have an up to date annual reporting status.
If you are unsure of your Origin Green status or require support to complete your plan, please contact Sustainability Development Mangers Andrew Mullins, at Andrew.Mullins@bordbia.ie or Ali Sheridan at Ali.Sheridan@bordbia.ie. Alternatively, please call 01 614 2276.
The Food Market has developed as one of the most popular features of the show and is an essential part of any visitor’s itinerary at Bloom. It is a fantastic opportunity for Bord Bia to showcase the very best of Irish food and drink to the widest possible audience.
Bloom will once again run for five full days and is coordinated by Bord Bia. Previous stallholders at Bloom have found it to be an excellent opportunity to raise their profile and sell their products to a wide consumer audience in a unique and enjoyable atmosphere.
Bloom 2017 will be an outdoor food market with a dedicated, weatherproof area and facilities as follows:
- Divided individual stand space 2.5m x 2.5m allocated per company
- Trestle table, chair and company name sign
- Electricity Supply (1 x 1kw plug socket) –additional requirements will be billed separately
- Communal wash areas (x 2)
- Cost per stand is €855 per company (plus 23% VAT €196.65). Total=€1051.65
Trading Days for the show are as follows: 1st JUNE – 5th JUNE 2017 9am – 6pm
Application Form and Criteria:
- Download the application form and criteria document. Please note that in order to participate you must meet all the criteria in full.
- A signed copy of the criteria document needs to be included with your completed application form. Please print and read both documents in full before applying for space at the market. For any queries on any of these, please contact us directly.
- We invite you to submit your application as soon as possible if you wish to be considered for the Food Market at Bloom. Due to unprecedented demand again this year, there is a limit to the number of participants in each category and the organisers are not in a position to guarantee space to previous participants in the Food Market at Bloom. Please note that these application forms are no guarantee that your company has secured a stall at the Food Market at Bloom. Space will be allocated by the organisers in the overall best interests of the market specific positions may not be requested.
- Your application should include the following:
- Completed application form
- Signed criteria document
- Certificate of Insurance (€6.4million public liability)
- Copies of all other relevant documentation (EHO approval, and organic certification where applicable)
- Please note that payment is not required at this stage. It will be requested in the letter from Bord Bia to participants in the Food Market.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is Friday the 7th of April 2017.
POSTAL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT TO:
Emma Kerins, BORD BIA, CLANWILLIAM COURT, LOWER MOUNT STREET, DUBLIN 2.
They may also be e-mailed to: emma.kerins@BordBia.ie