Marketing Intensification Programme (MIP) 2017 – New grant opportunities from Bord Bia
Applications are now open for funding under Bord Bia’s Marketing Intensification Programme (MIP) which aims to provide targeted marketing supports to companies with high dependency on UK markets. Grant supports will be prioritised to assist companies in strengthening their position in that market and in their efforts at market diversification.
This new fund is in addition to the existing MAP and Step Change programmes currently in place, a new round of which will be on stream in early 2018.
• The MIP is aimed at Irish food and drink producers that operate with a turnover between €1m and €40m and that export at least 15% of their turnover to the UK.
• Total fund is €500,000. The selection process is competitive with between 20 and 30 companies expected to be supported. Previous grant history will be taken in to account in awarding grants under this round of MIP.
• Factors to be considered include, Impact of Brexit – scale from low to high, customers supplied (Type/range), competitive threat (from other supply sources).
The following activities are eligible for funding and must be undertaken between the date of receipt of the application by Bord Bia and the 31st March 2018
• Participation at trade fairs and consumer events
• Customer and research visits to the UK and other markets
• Design and origination of packaging/ labels/ POS/ brochure
• Design and development of website
• In store promotions and tastings
• Marketing consultancy, including PR and digital marketing costs
• Purchase of published reports and research data
• New Product Development – (3rd party costs, excluding raw materials)
• Quality Measures – including analysis and audit costs
The closing date for receipt of applications for the MIP is Friday 29 September 2017. Successful applicants will be notified in mid October.
MIP Application Form
Conditions and Guidelines
Bord Bia also provides financial support to Irish food, drink and horticulture companies through our Marketing Assistance and Step Change programmes. Both initiatives can enhance the competitiveness of your business by helping you take the next step in your growth progression.
The MAP assists you in establishing a foothold in new and emerging niche markets, while the SCP funds significant new projects which have the potential to impact strongly on your company’s growth levels. The 2018 programme will open at the end of this year; further details will be available on this page in due course.