Bord Bia provides financial support to Irish food, drink and horticulture companies through our Marketing Assistance and Step Change programmes. Both initiatives can enhance the competitiveness of your business by helping you take the next step in your growth progression.
The MAP assists you in establishing a foothold in new and emerging niche markets, while the SCP funds significant new projects which have the potential to impact strongly on your company’s growth levels.
The closing date for the 2017 programmes was Tuesday 31st January 2017. The next call for applications will be January 2018. Details will be available on this page closer to the date.
MAP and SCP 2017
- The closing date for receipt of applications for both MAP and SCP is Tuesday 31st January 2017. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applications should be submitted as early as possible before the deadline date.
- The MAP is aimed at companies with a 2016 turnover between €100,000 and €3.5m.
- The SCP is aimed at companies with a 2016 turnover between €100,000 and €10m.
- The turnover of linked (by common shareholders) and partner enterprises in a group will also be taken into account to determine eligibility for both programmes.
- Applications for the SCP must demonstrate significant new activities or a major new project, which will involve a substantial step change or departure for the company.
- Up to €50,000 in grant support per company is available under the SCP. Support will be limited to approx. 10 companies in 2017.
- Activities undertaken prior to the receipt of the application by Bord Bia, will not be eligible for support.
- Only activities that occur in 2017 will be eligible for support for MAP
- Only activities that occur in 2017 and 2018 will be eligible for SCP
- Financial Information: Applicants are required to submit a copy of their latest available accounts when applying for MAP or SCP support. Where possible, accounts should be submitted as soon as possible, in advance of an actual application.
- Completed application forms should be typed, saved as an MS Word document and e-mailed back to email@example.com. Handwritten or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
- Note: Eligibility does not confer an automatic entitlement to aid. The selection process is a competitive one. This applies to both the MAP and the SCP.